Production Artist (Food Packaging) 5+ yrs exp
LOCATION: IRVING, TEXAS
Jupiter Prestige Group is looking for a Production Artist Packaging Specialist with 5+ years experience and an affinity towards creativity. This is a great opportunity for an energetic (production minded) creative talent to join a team in a casual atmosphere. Food packaging experience required.
We are looking for someone that demonstrates the ability for interpreting information, creating technically accurate and content correct files that meet client’s expectations for their packaging. Functions include building, manipulating and checking electronic files according to job specifications, image manipulation, retouching and color correcting. The ideal candidate will also be able to understand a creative brief /style guide and be a creative problem solver. Bachelor degree in graphic arts or related field preferred.
Job responsibilities for production artist include:
- Utilize Adobe Illustrator software (Mac OS) to build, manipulate packaging graphics and verify the integrity of the layout files and its various components
- Expertise in Adobe Illustrator and other Adobe Creative Applications
- Experience with Esko Graphics software supporting Adobe Illustrator
- Ability to identify and note deviations from established packaging specifications
- Ability to comprehend and execute complex printer specification information
- Prepare and print electronic files for various proofing and printing devices
- Keep project assets organized and up to date (includes Brand guidelines and Brand libraries)
- Strong knowledge of prepress processes and packaging printing process, including traps
- Understanding of color theory, job management, printing and graphics
- Experience in current FDA Nutrition Fact regulations (and staying up to date)
Your success will be measured by:
- Consistently displaying the above qualities
- Consistently fulfilling all key responsibilities to the satisfaction of our clients and your colleagues
- Be highly adaptable and able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Must be organized, have the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and feel confident in their decision-making process.
- Work alongside Project Managers to keep all deliverables moving down the pipeline and on time
- Completes projects timely by coordinating with in-house associates and customer.
- The ability to listen and seek to understand brand packaging objectives
Type in the subject line: Production Artist (DAL)
In your email, attach and include information with the following:
- In one single PDF, include your resume, samples of your packaging work, 3 professional references and available start date
- Salary range
Job Type: Full-time
Local candidates only:
- Irving, TX
- Packaging, Graphic Design, Production: 5 years