Sr. Structural Designer-Retail Packaging
Location: Pleasanton, CA
Jupiter Prestige Group is looking for an experienced Packaging Structural Designer to work in our Pleasanton, CA office.
7+ years experience is packaging design particularly retail packaging design is required. This integral role combines packaging design, project management, and client management in a fast paced, deadline, project driven environment. Candidate must have strong organizational, multi-tasking, decision making and problem solving skills. Excellent communication is required since this person will be working with various people in the US and Asia on a daily basis as well as attending customer meetings . Must have Artios, TOPS, Pro-Engineer, AutoCAD software knowledge and experience with sample making . Previous experience in consumer retail packaging required.
Job responsibilities to include:
- Original Design and development of retail packaging
- Review and correct and create die-lines
- Work with plants and vendors on engineering and development issues
- Documentation of layouts
- Maintain stock material and cutting table
- Create samples/mock-ups based customer requirements
- Provide technical assistance to the team
- Right-sizing efforts and reporting of specific savings
- Environmental initiatives, new packaging material trends
- Analyzing samples and testing and reporting results
- Packaging and distribution of samples
- Knowledge of sustainable packaging and materials
- Knowledge of packaging test protocols and ability to write test reports
- Knowledge of design and testing
- Ability to lead Quarterly Business Reviews
- Must have good problem solving techniques and can drive to resolution
- Must have ability to perform financial analysis and pricing and work with our Asia team for execution of projects
- Engineering management experience preferred
IMPORTANT (TO APPLY)
To be considered you must follow this procedure:
In your email, paste in and answer these questions and please type in the subject line: Sr. Packaging Designer-CA
- Include your work history and resume. (As text or attach Word or PDF doc.)
- Include three professional references.
- Available to start date.
- Salary range.
Note: Previous salary and work experience will be confidentially verified by 3rd party sources only during final steps of qualifying process.
All applications will be kept confidential. WE WILL NOT CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER.
Job Type: Full-time
- Structure Design: 7 years