Introducing H2poly™, a water soluble proprietary resin that is specially formulated to provide a responsible end of life (EOL) for single use plastics.
The initial goal is commercialize H2poly for use in single use garment bags but the technology is ready to be implemented for any of your single use plastic needs. Other potential opportunities are utilization to corrugated lamination as an alternative to poly laminate.
This new material is certified non-toxic in marine environments according to ASTM D6691 testing standard and instantly dissolves into solution at temperatures exceeding 70C and harmlessly washes away in the greywater.
H2poly has a wide range of benefits, including:
- High tensile and puncture resistant strength makes it 3x stronger than traditional polyethylene at the same thickness.
- High water vapor transmission rate which allows the bag to “breathe” and wick moisture through the material to the outside of the bag.
- Naturally anti-static, UV light resistant, printable, heat-sealable and excellent clarity
- Excellent barrier properties for oils, solvents, fats and gases (Oxygen, Nitrogen, Carbon Dioxide)
- Stable in both pellet and extruded form allow for viable long-term storage in normal conditions
- Offers two viable recycling options within existing industry-standard paper recovery processes: hot washing and re-pulping.
- Inherently biodegradable. When given the right balance of environment and microbial presence it will biodegrade to carbon dioxide, water and mineralized natural biomass.
H2poly was designed to responsibly address as many EOL scenarios as possible:
- Ocean/Marine: Certified non-toxic in marine environments according to ASTM D6691 testing standard.
- Landfill / Anaerobic Digester: Proven to fragment and dissolve/biodegrade in an AD or actively managed landfill environments according to ASTM D5526 testing standard.
- Composting: Initial EN13432 trials have shown the bag to meet the compostability standards at 15 microns.
- Recycling: Although there is no standardization among global or regional recycling facilities, this material has been shown to harmlessly dissolve in the hot-wash process. Alternatively, a proactive solution would be to establish a closed loop recycling system to capture and send the material back to our facility to be recycled into new bags.
- Water Soluble: Instantly dissolves into solution at temperatures exceeding 70C and harmlessly washes away in the greywater.